Innovative Labs (IL) is a leading developer, formulator, and provider of single serve and multi-dose ingestible health and wellness products for leading brands and direct sales companies. Founded in 2006 by Travis Parry, IL provides highly differentiated formulating, blending, filling, distribution, and other critical services for small-format nutritional supplements, food items, household products and other consumer packaged goods. The company is SQF Food Safety Code Level III Certified and operates highly efficient, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with a workforce of over 500 people.
IL was founded in 2006, and is now the largest independent supplier of custom single serve flexible packaging west of the Mississippi. With significant investments in packaging and pasteurization equipment, IL has the capacity to fill hundreds of thousands of pouches a day and the flexibility to meet the demands of large and small production runs. IL provides its health, wellness and nutritional customers with a differentiated advantage of world-class turnkey solutions and full-service, front-end product development. Having achieved the highest and most prestigious regulatory certifications, IL also offers speed-to-market service unmatched in the industry. IL’s customers range from Fortune 100 food and beverage companies to high growth emerging brands, all of whom have access to the Company’s best-in-class service and capabilities.
IL is a state-of-the-art, $100M+, private-equity backed manufacturing company headquartered in Springville, UT with offices in St. George, Lindon and Springville. With over 500+ employees and more than 25% year-over-year growth, IL is uniquely poised and funded for a remarkable trajectory of success.
Learn more by watching this introductory video: English Version Spanish Version
The Raw Material Senior Buyer will be responsible for managing the raw material supply chain for IL creating value through the timely acquisition of raw materials to support manufacturing. Utilize the ERP system to order raw materials and validate the source of demand to assure that obsolescence is held to a minimum while fully supporting the production schedule. Provide superior service to internal customers while holding suppliers accountable on cost, delivery and paperwork accuracy.
- Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance, reviewing performance with suppliers. Establish and communicate EOQ quantities.
- Evaluate output from ERP system and validate the source of demand ensuring that the correct quantity is ordered to fully support the sales order.
- Establish system lead times for all raw materials and review quarterly against actual lead times to assure relevancy.
- Increase supply chain flexibility by validating additional suppliers/manufacturers for raw materials.
- Ensure timely placement of purchase orders and the timely confirmation of executed purchase orders, manage back orders and corresponding delivery dates.
- Work closely with the R&D department in the sourcing of raw materials to support new product launches and pilots.
- Actively reduce lead times through vendor managed inventory programs, floor stock agreements or consignment agreements to increase value for our customer.
- Communicate any supply chain threats and strategic buy ahead opportunities utilizing the supply chain network.
- Identify MOQ quantities for each raw material and load into the ERP system.
- Actively solicit quotations for new raw materials and existing raw materials to assure price awareness and competitiveness in the supply chain.
- Publish and communicate to the team a weekly overdue PO report on any potential raw material related issues and insure they are communicated in a timely manner.
- Identify and communicate cost savings opportunities to the management team on a regular basis.
- Ensure all paperwork for incoming raw materials is accurate and accompanies the delivery of the raw materials, quickly solving any discrepancies as they occur.
- Support the quality department in obtaining Regulatory documents to assure GMP compliance to the site of manufacture.
- Record PPV variances and report monthly the total variance, either favorable or unfavorable, for the prior month and report out to the team.
- Know and understand GMP policies and comply with all requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, distribution and customer service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong self-motivation skills
- Ability to manage others and provide leadership
- Understand and apply information set forth in SOP’s
- Displayed sense of urgency in meeting or exceeding departmental standards
- Statistical and spreadsheet analytical skills
- Must excel in a team environment, interacting with various departments within the organization.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or related field preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience
- Competitive base salary
- Annual Bonus Plan
- 10 days of PTO and 10 paid holidays each year
- 100% Paid Medical Premium for Employee Plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans offered
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D) offered
- Training & Development opportunities provided