Innovative Labs (IL) is a leading developer, formulator, and provider of single serve and multi-dose ingestible health and wellness products for leading brands and direct sales companies. Founded in 2006 by Travis Parry, IL provides highly differentiated formulating, blending, filling, distribution, and other critical services for small-format nutritional supplements, food items, household products and other consumer packaged goods. The company is SQF Food Safety Code Level III Certified and operates highly efficient, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with a workforce of over 500 people.
IL was founded in 2006, and is now the largest independent supplier of custom single serve flexible packaging west of the Mississippi. With significant investments in packaging and pasteurization equipment, IL has the capacity to fill hundreds of thousands of pouches a day and the flexibility to meet the demands of large and small production runs. IL provides its health, wellness and nutritional customers with a differentiated advantage of world-class turnkey solutions and full-service, front-end product development. Having achieved the highest and most prestigious regulatory certifications, IL also offers speed-to-market service unmatched in the industry. IL’s customers range from Fortune 100 food and beverage companies to high growth emerging brands, all of whom have access to the Company’s best-in-class service and capabilities.
IL is a state-of-the-art, $100M+, private-equity backed manufacturing company headquartered in Springville, UT with offices in St. George, Lindon and Springville. With over 500+ employees and more than 25% year-over-year growth, IL is uniquely poised and funded for a remarkable trajectory of success.
Operator III will be responsible to operate two filling and packaging machines in the safest and most efficient way possible, while maintaining the highest quality. Understand and have been trained on the SOP’s that are required for this job. Provide support to the packers as needed.
• Operate two HMC machines daily
• Pass off the operator certification and each yearly recertification there after
• Setup of the machine for different packet sizes and styles
• Take apart the Hibar pumps and re-assemble it
• Check/replace O-rings on pumps and nozzles
• Properly setup/adjust nozzle angles and air pressure for Hibar pump
• Change out top, bottom, side seals, and die cut
• Replace bad nozzle cylinders
• Assist other operators as needed
• Make adjustments when issues occur with quality of packets, leakers, wrinkles, weights, crooked shoulders, off centered seals, etc.
• Properly line up hot and cold top seals so they are hitting the same place on the packet
• Adjust seal pressure and dwell time
• Properly adjust gusset
• Adjust the photo eye
• Know and understand how to properly adjust the Hibar pump PLC timing channels.
• Perform basic PM’s of the HMC machines
• Keep HMC machine and area around it clean.
• HMC Knowledge, Heavy Lifting, Maintenance, Temperature and Quality Control
• Help make boxes/cartons
• Help put boxes/cartons on pallets
• Other duties as assigned by manager
• Mechanical ability working with manufacturing equipment
• Quality orientated and attention to detail
• Advanced ability to trouble shoot any issues on machine and quality of product and packets
• Able to communicate in English
• Strong team player with good communication skills and ability to lead others in a positive way
Experience and Education
• Machinery operator/maintenance experience on Technical equipment (10+ years)
• Quality oriented and attention to detail.
• Experience working in a GMP environment and Food/supplement production
• Problem analysis and resolution.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• An ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Strong team player.
• Computer literacy
Frequently involves sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Rolls of film can weight up to 50 pounds which must be moved onto carts and lifted onto the machines.
Involves a variety of physical activities including:
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas were under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional production equipment as found in a typical manufacturing environment.
Your application was submitted successfully.