Innovative Labs (IL) is a leading developer, formulator, and provider of single serve and multi-dose ingestible health and wellness products for leading brands and direct sales companies. Founded in 2006 by Travis Parry, IL provides highly differentiated formulating, blending, filling, distribution, and other critical services for small-format nutritional supplements, food items, household products and other consumer packaged goods. The company is SQF Food Safety Code Level III Certified and operates highly efficient, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with a workforce of over 500 people.
IL was founded in 2006, and is now the largest independent supplier of custom single serve flexible packaging west of the Mississippi. With significant investments in packaging and pasteurization equipment, IL has the capacity to fill hundreds of thousands of pouches a day and the flexibility to meet the demands of large and small production runs. IL provides its health, wellness and nutritional customers with a differentiated advantage of world-class turnkey solutions and full-service, front-end product development. Having achieved the highest and most prestigious regulatory certifications, IL also offers speed-to-market service unmatched in the industry. IL’s customers range from Fortune 100 food and beverage companies to high growth emerging brands, all of whom have access to the Company’s best-in-class service and capabilities.
IL is a state-of-the-art, $100M+, private-equity backed manufacturing company headquartered in Springville, UT with offices in St. George, Lindon and Springville. With over 500+ employees and more than 25% year-over-year growth, IL is uniquely poised and funded for a remarkable trajectory of success.
Description of Responsibilities
The Production Planner position is responsible for planning the finite production schedules for a variety of manufacturing departments, involving diversified parts and assemblies to conform to the requirements of the master production schedule. They will also release orders to individual departments, monitor material inventories, track progress of production, and review factors that affect the schedule. They will also release orders to individual departments, monitor material inventories, track progress of production, and review factors that affect the schedule. Additionally, they will make necessary daily modifications to schedules, issuing orders to the appropriate departments for revisions due to machine or material availability. Employees must be able to read, understand, and follow industry standard GMP's.
• Preparation of daily and weekly schedules which coordinate with the overall monthly master schedule
• Evaluate run quantities and change as required to optimize inventory levels and set up efficiencies
• Single point of contact between sales, operations, and purchasing; including working closely with the Directors of Secondary and Primary Manufacturing to ensure Human Resources are in place to support the production plan
• Coordinate material handling schedule, including managing two direct reports
• Proactively identify areas of potential supply concerns, keeping in mind capacity constraints, shortages and and communicate analysis/recommendations to all parties
• Coordinate product and material movement through the manufacturing processes to completion and on time shipment
• Allocate daily production to individual lines to maximize set up efficiency and conform to equipment constraints
• Provide reporting on daily production and ensure proper reporting of production in the company’s ERP system
• Will work as an expediter as required to ensure on time delivery.
• Other tasks as needed
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Ability to lead and motivate a team of direct reports
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work under limited supervision
• Must be able to Read, Write and Understand the English Language.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have valid Utah driver’s license.
• Must have the ability to become forklift certified.
Must excel in a team environment, interacting with various departments within the organization
Experience and Education
Benefits We Offer
Your application was submitted successfully.